[ERROR] AssertionError: 110 != 116

Andrew Lambe alambe at oru.edu
Mon May 14 19:40:52 BST 2007

The fix worked perfectly, even better than I expected.
I thought "bzr pull --overwrite ." would overwrite the changes in my working tree.
However, "bzr pull --overwrite ." only rewrote the history.
Just what I needed, thanks.

I did find your note on Bug #91725 which covers this issue.
I think the status of this bug should at least be changed to confirmed.

I vote for automatic re-normalization under these conditions.
Otherwise, I suggest having a "bzr normalize-history" command, which is essentially an alias for "bzr pull --overwrite ." and give a better error message such as:

 Cannot commit changes to non-normalized branch history.
 Versions of bzr prior to 0.15 may have left this condition.
 To normalize the branch history use the command, bzr normalize-history
--

Andrew Lambe
Systems Programmer