[RFC] Removing the inventory concept from Bazaar.

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Wed May 9 20:41:52 BST 2007

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 10:45:11PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Daniel Silverstone, and lo! it spake thus:
> On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 11:12 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> > Yes, but I can imagine a very, very small constant factor, because
> > we'd only be adding a knit index entry.
>
> But still, however small that constant factor, you're back to
> O(size-of-tree)

Don't forget size as well as time.

If a noop record is a hundred bytes (revids's can easily be over 50
just by themselves), and you have a hundred thousand revision of a
hundred thousand files, you've got a gigabyte of noop records.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net