re-implementing log-for-merge from Arch

Dan Lipsitt danlipsitt at
Wed May 2 22:29:11 BST 2007

What would it take to implement something like the log-for-merge
command present in tla and baz? I found it to be a useful feature. For
those of you not familiar with Bazaar 1 and Arch, it automatically
creates a log message like this, which the user can then edit before

Patches applied:

 * dan at
   changes in low-level parallization code

 * dan at
   new parallelized version

Or is there already a good way to get this info from bzr?

If this is a worthwhile project and it isn't too complicated, I may
try to implement it as a plugin. However, I'm not sure where to begin.