Bug in dirstate _iter_changes

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Apr 26 17:19:08 BST 2007

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>> Here is another possible patch.
> This fixes it for me.  Thanks you.
> I wasn't able to apply the other patch-- /usr/bin/patch said it was
> invalid, probably because it was inline.
>> It should have the same ultimate effect. It just means evaluating the if
>> more often. But the code is a little easier to understand.
> Sounds like a positive move.
> Aaron

Yeah, probably one of the lines got wrapped because it was inline.

Anyway, I still need to come up with a "correct" patch which includes
test cases.

I wasn't sure how to test that "we don't traverse into unknowns". The
best I can come up with is to wrap walkdirs with a spy and show that we
don't ever yield entries in unknown directories.