0.16 rc status - tomorrow?

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Apr 25 19:16:27 BST 2007

Martin Pool wrote:
> OK, I think we are now just about ready for the 0.16 release.  The
> things still to do:
>
> - Merge the hpss protocol changes.  There are several patches for
> this, I think all are now at least conditionally approved, but some
> have requests for small changes.  Andrew should update and merge them
> tomorrow.
>
> - Branch.pull (and push) gets _run_hooks, which is not accepted by
> all implementations, including most importantly RemoteBranch.  (See
> John's post about this.)  I think the fix is to just add such a
> parameter to the public interface for this method, but we can check.

We haven't heard from Robert (though in his defense, it was an AU holiday :)

> - John can go ahead and merge his log improvements.

merged.

> And aside from that I think we're all done - I've merged in the
> tarball change, and I think dealt with everything mentioned as needed
> for 0.16.  If there's anything else, please say so now.

I have a patch for Bundles to properly handle empty and unicode Revision
properties. This isn't strictly a regression, since it hasn't been
supported (for as long as bundles have existed, IMO). But it would be
good to get the fix sooner rather than later.

Also Matthew Fuller just reported:
https://launchpad.net/bugs/109993

Which is a regression in WT4._iter_changes versus 0.14. (Basically,
there are times when a delete X, rename Y => X will cause status to show
both as deleted rather than showing the rename, though commit works
properly).

I'm going to give that one a shot now, so hopefully I'll also have a fix
before you wake up. :)