[MERGE] bzr help disambiguation and bzr help PLUGINNAME

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Fri Apr 20 10:06:45 BST 2007

Martin Pool has voted +1 (conditional).
Status is now: Conditionally approved
Comment:
+    """An object to manage help in multiple indices.
+
+    This maintains a list of places to search for help. It is currently
+    separate to the HelpTopicRegistry because of its ordered nature,
but
+    possibly we should instread structure it as a search within the
registry
+    and add ordering and searching facilities to the registry. The
registry
+    would probably need to be restructured to support that cleanly
which is
+    why this has been implemented in parallel even though it does as a
result
+    permit searching for help in indexs which are not discoverable via
+    'help topics'.

sp 'instead', 'indexes'

Part of this paragraph seems like a todo comment, not an instruction to
a user of this class?

The initial description seems redundant with the class name, maybe use
the first sentence of your second para instead.

I think the key things this needs to say but doesn't is that: each index
has a unique prefix string, such as "commands", and contains help topics
which can be listed or searched.  Just for the benefit of people trying
to understand the api.

-            if help in help_commands.keys():
+            if cmd_name in help_commands.keys():

So it looks like that was quite broken before, as the variable 'help'
here is not a name but rather a stringio?  No objection to the change.

+            result = "Plugin '%s' has no docstring.\n" %
self.module.__name__

Incidentally, it might be good to mention the plugin's __file__ when we
have a problem.

+        self.assertStartsWith(helptext, 'usage:bzr Demo')

I would expect a space after the colon.

I haven't read the tests in detail but the general idea seems good.

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C1177048145.26184.7.camel%40localhost.localdomain%3E