[rfc] known failure for all tests that fails because of OS locks @ win32

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Apr 19 18:23:45 BST 2007

Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> Martin Pool ?8H5B:

> The dirstate file is write-locked in this moment
> and read operation on file raise exception.

Yeah, if I'm noticing correctly you can open the file without problem,
but when you go to read it raises an exception. Which is pretty win32
specific.

However, we should probably try not to read write locked files.

I'll give it some time today and see if I can clean up some of these.

>> First, I don't see why we're unlocking from an except block not a
>> finally block.  The test always ought to do that to clean up.
>
>> It seems a bit strange that the check_state_with_reopen is inside this
>> block that holds the lock.  check_state_with_unlock releases the lock
>> as a side effect, which makes it hard to get the calling code's
>> cleanup right.  I suppose that wouldn't normally matter in tests where
>> we don't care about handling unexpected errors but it might be
>> complicating things here.

Well it made writing the tests easier/cleaner because I didn't have to
worry about cluttering everything with try/finally unlock blocks.