[MERGE] Initial support for marking bugs as fixed using bzr

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Apr 13 23:41:17 BST 2007

Jonathan Lange wrote:

> I've added a simple news entry for the new option for commit. However,
> I couldn't find any bugs that this branch fixes. Got any in mind?

more flexible options: support lists and python keywords
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/105366

http://bazaar-vcs.org/Specs/RevisionBugMetadata
and
https://launchpad.net/products/bzr/+spec/revision-bug-metadata

I wasn't able to find any specific bugs for "closing bugs" :)

> I can't see that in my code. I see:
>
> class cmd_commit(...):
>  def _get_bug_fix_properties(...):
>    properties = {}
>    return properties
>
>  def run(...):
>    properties = {}
>    properties.update(self._get_bug_fix_properties(...))
>
> All the variables are local, not instance or class.

I probably just mis-read the diff then.

>> bzr commit --fixes upstream:XXX
>>
>> seems nice.
>>

> Trac isn't the fallback tracker. I just needed to have another simple
> non-Launchpad tracker in order to be able to write the sort of tests I
> wanted.
>
> Regarding naming conflicts. The configuration is on the branch. As I
> understand Bazaar's config system, this means that you could define
>  trac_upstream_url = XXX
> on one branch and
>  bugzilla_upstream_url = YYY
> on another branch, and not worry about naming conflicts.
>
> I'd be happy to switch to an explicitly configured tracker style, as
> long as 'lp:' resolves to Launchpad by default.

> Fixed. 'errors' is still lazily imported -- is this correct?

It is "correct". At this point there is no need to lazily import it,
because it is fully imported somewhere. Though if we can track them all
down, we stand to save a moderate amount of time (it is one of the
slower non 3rd-party imports)

> I usually use the second form also (afaict with these variable-width
> fonts). Changed to use that and assertIs.

You use variable width fonts while coding??? I guess as long as your
indentations end up correct.