[MERGE] Initial support for marking bugs as fixed using bzr

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Fri Apr 13 20:37:30 BST 2007

On (13/04/07 15:25), Aaron Bentley wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> > I think James did something very helpful (to me). Which is to give me
> > the patch to review with just his changes so I can evaluate whether his
> > changes are good.
>
> A patch would have served that purpose just as well.  A bundle that
> can't be merged is pointless.

A patch doesn't carry the meta-data. If it was merged and carried
forward by jml then it wouldn't have been attributed to me in the same
way.

> Look, his email starts with a description of problems with ListOption,
> so I go to read about ListOption in the diff, and there's absolutely
> nothing there about it.  That's very unhelpful to me.

I apologise for that.

How would bundle buggy have reacted if I had included all, but then jml
set a new version that didn't have my changes in? It then has 2 heads in
the same thread, so does it create two merge requests?

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256