tailor and latest version of bzr

Gibson, Scott Scott.Gibson at pinnacle.com
Fri Apr 13 15:37:06 BST 2007

I have found that I am only having the trouble with tailor when doing a
bzr to svn migration.  I believe that I have found where the issue is
but I am unsure how to best resolve it.  The line numbers are from from
the latest stable release.  I'm not too versed in Python so please bear
with me.  :-)

In tailor's bzr.py program "def _applyChangeset" (line 190) makes a call
to bzr's pull and assigns the output to "count" in the line:

count = self._working_tree.pull(parent_branch,

stop_revision=changeset.revision)

Validation is then done at line 198 using:

       if (count != 1) or conflicts:

If I'm not totally wacked out in my estimation it would appear that the
trouble occurs in tailor due to a change in bzr's branch.py file.

"def pull" (line 1490) used to return:

            return new_count - old_count

which would provide the numeric value expected by tailor.  However the
expected return value has since been replaced with the output from
"class PullResult(_Result):" (line 2114).  Now the return values are
something like:

<bzrlib.branch.PullResult object at 0xb760172c>

I made a temporary fix by just assigning count = 1 prior to error
checking.  It has allowed me to continue migrating from bzr to svn but
it is far from being a good solution.

Any thoughts on how to best validate the pull?  Or is it possible with
the current pull output?

Thanks!
Scott