[MERGE][bug 104257] Fix _iter_changes to handle unknowns in a previously empty versioned directory

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Apr 11 19:03:28 BST 2007

Wow, that subject gets long... :)

Anyway, this is a bugfix for:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/104257

Basically, the code we had would skip any directory which was present on
disk but didn't have a dirblock. But you could get that case when you
had an empty versioned directory (because there was nothing to put into
the dirblock).

This change just yields 'unversioned' entries for all of the entries in
the directory.

It comes with a test, and fixes the bug.

PS> Robert, are you still working on changing the inner loops of
_iter_changes, so that the implementation can be a bit cleaner? It would
really help if we didn't have so much code duplication here. We need a
little bit of help to make sure we can skip 'unknown' directories and
'tree-reference' trees.