[bzr-authors:MERGE] utf8 encode output, and other goodies

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Apr 5 18:49:19 BST 2007

Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> Hi Marius,
>
> On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 08:53:52AM +0200, Marius Kruger wrote:
>> I saw the authors plugin and remembered that just the other day
>> I did a kind of bzr log&grep hack to get this right.
>> So I got it, liked it, and added some stuff I wanted to see:
> Looks nice! Thanks for the patch, I'll merge it into the main branch
> later today.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jelmer

You may consider looking at my "stats" plugin, which does a lot of this
as well.

IIRC it looks things up by names and email addresses and tries to do
correlation between the two.

I ran into it because of people changing their names slightly (like John
A Meinel, versus John Arbash Meinel). And then email addresses that
sometimes match and sometimes don't.

Basically I used the idea that "if an email + username pair was ever
used, then any email + X or X + username would be considered in the group".

It also has a command to print out how commits happen over time. Which
prints some interesting graphs for bzr.dev.