[RFC] tags in log output

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Apr 5 11:56:20 BST 2007

Erik Bågfors пишет:
> The attached bundle implements showing tags in log output.  I don't
> know if this is the best way to implement it, but it was simple and it
> works.
>
> The output will look something like this:
> revno: 2389
> committer: Erik Bagfors <erik at bagfors.nu>
> tags: testtag3
> branch nick: bzr.taglogs
> timestamp: Wed 2007-04-04 21:27:18 +0200
> message:
>  created reverse_tag_dict in tags.py
> revno: 2388
> committer: Canonical.com Patch Queue Manager<pqm at pqm.ubuntu.com>
> branch nick: +trunk
> timestamp: Fri 2007-03-30 07:40:22 +0100
> message:
>  (robertc) Remove the --basis parameter to clone etc. (Robert Collins)
>    ------------------------------------------------------------
>    revno: 2387.1.2
>    merged: robertc at robertcollins.net-20070330060600-c3p4tucl0q77al2d
>    committer: Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>
>    tags: testtag1 testtag2
>    branch nick: unbasis
>    timestamp: Fri 2007-03-30 16:06:00 +1000
>    message:
>      Mention fixed bugs as per reviewer feedback.
>
> As you can see, tags are shown after the committer.  Perhaps it should
> be directly after the revno, or perhaps even on the same line as the
> revno? It also currently does not wrap there are too many tags to one
> revision.
>
> Please comment.

Yesterday I was thinking about this problem.
Your patch is OK for me, but I prefer to explicitly
pass list of tags for each revision as argument of LogFormatter.show()
method. Instead of using rev_tag_dict. May be I'm wrong.
But I personally prefer to see tag info after revno, before commiter.

Also it's not difficult to make "tag:"/"tags:" field based on tags number.
But it's really nitpick.

And, what allowed symbols for tag ids? Do bzr allows space in tag id?
There is no explicit limitations on tag ids. So in the case when tag id
contains space your output could be slightly unclear for multiple tags.

[µ]