[MERGE] hpss startup/shutdown hooks

Andrew Bennetts andrew at canonical.com
Thu Apr 5 07:03:39 BST 2007

Andrew Bennetts has voted +1 (conditional).
Status is now: Conditionally approved
Comment:
>         # let connections timeout so that we get a chance to terminate
 >         # Keep a reference to the exceptions we want to catch because
the socket
 >         # module's globals get set to None during interpreter
shutdown.
>         from socket import timeout as socket_timeout
>-        from socket import error as socket_error

You've moved this import and made socket_error an instance variable,
but:
   * you need a similar comment in __init__ explaining why you keep a
reference to the exception there, and
   * you should change the import of socket_timeout the same way to be
consistent.

Otherwise, this looks fine to me.

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C1175736609.9221.0.camel%40localhost.localdomain%3E