Help about old projects

Massimo Manca massimo.manca at micronengineering.it
Tue Apr 3 10:52:27 BST 2007

Dear all,
a customer give me a "little" versioning problem to solve. He has a lot
of source code he developed internally in past years that is
unmanageable now because it released a lot of releases with
modifications to customize the software and others to solve bugs.
He asked me to make this set of unmanageable software to a more better
organized set. I think to organize the sw in a repository with a branch
for every customization and simple versioning for every release inside a
branch. The main problem is the existence of some releases to solve bugs
in files common to some customizations (branches).
Is there a way or a rule to solve similar "intricacy" problems in bazaar?