Launchpad Bugs feature

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Apr 2 04:01:52 BST 2007

On 3/30/07, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> It may be easiest in a first draft to just be able to expose revision
> properties as part of commit. So you could do:
>
> bzr commit --prop foo:bar --prop bugfix:lp:99272 --prop bug-fixing:lp:99273
>
> (i don't strictly like the --prop X:Y syntax, I needed to use something
> to indicate the idea, though).

Yes, I suggested adding that option just as a general way to
manipulate properties for which there is not yet a specific interface.

Robert had an interesting response, if I recall:

 * adding the specific options is not that much harder and does need
to be done, so JFDI
 * Bazaar's user interface is not the programming interface, so we
don't necessarily want people to be able to set arbitrary properties
from the cli

So overall I'd say, if jml finds it useful then go ahead and add
--property, otherwise just --fixes.

--
Martin