Launchpad Bugs feature

Andrew Voznytsa andrew.voznytsa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 02:13:47 BST 2007

Hi all,

just read this message about bug feature - nice, I'm actually thinking
of some integrated system.

My idea of bug tracking with bazaar was to have server side hook to
integrate bzr daemon and bug tracking (BT) system. On checkout request
hook had to connect to bt get list of bugs/feature requests/etc export
it in some file format and give it as file to user. On checkin it had to
analize this bug-list file and commit send changes to BT.

For example, on checkout it may give me something in format like

<bug>
<id>id</id>
<description>bug</description>
<state>not fixed</state>
</bug>

after bug fixing I may simply change state to fixed and just commit
changes. Why file - just because if I checkout I'm getting project state
on the disk in file and don't have to remember or look somewhere else to
get actual info. And it looks nice for me ;)

I guess it could be possible to allow this hook to write some HTML
application to allow users edit this file in browser; Hook could be done
as plugin; etc.

I heard that Mantis BT (I'm using it currently) support SOAP and it
could be possible to get/set bug state (hope this makes sense - I don't
know a lot about Web/XML technologies a log - I work in multimedia
field, and mainly with MPEG bits).

--
Best regards,
Andrew Voznytsa