[MERGE] remove '--verbose' from 'bzr bundle'

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Sun Apr 1 01:47:35 BST 2007

On 3/30/07, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> Aaron Bentley wrote:
> >> revision properties. Since this happens every so often that we take raw
> >> patches from 3rd parties who don't want to bother with bundles, etc.
> >
> > I agree.  Not only Author, but Submitter, since that can be different, too.
> >
> > My only question is, how do we decide what's a revision *field* like
> > message, and what's a revision *property*, like branch-nick?

I'd like to add it; come to that we could usefully record reviewers
too, at least for merges to pqm.

> A possible dividing line is based on whether things are hints, or
> whether we expect the rest of the code to handle them.

I think that is about the right line, though more specifically than
"handle" I'd say it's whether the rest of the code makes decisions on
them.  The parent revisions, revision id, perhaps the date really are
of this kind.

There is a cost in term of code size to having specific methods to
get/set all these things.

> Author could be a hint, but it seems reasonable that annotate and log
> always show them. And for Author, I would consider it to take precedence
> over "Committer" for things like "bzr log --short" and "bzr annotate".

I think it could usefully show that, but it'd be fine for those
methods to take it from a property.

--
Martin