bzr 0.15rc3 error

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sun Apr 1 18:35:26 BST 2007

Olexandr Byelchenko wrote:
> Jelmer Vernooij пишет:
>
>> I'd be happy to convert back to --dirstate-tags. Does 'bzr upgrade'
>> support downgrading, though?
>
> May be with bundle?
>
> [µ]

Fundamentally --dirstate-with-subtree (Knit3 repository) records
information that can't be stored in '--dirstate-tags' (Knit1 repository).

So you can't really go back.

If you haven't committed any new data, you wipe the branch, and push an
existing branch.

Or you can put it off to the side and re-create it.

I think using 'bundle' will cause an "incompatibility" error. If it
doesn't, we have a bug.

There are 2 things which --dirstate-with-subtree can record

1) Root-entry changes. This is sort of a deep logic change, so it is a
bit difficult to explain. But basically pre-Knit3 says the root changes
every version, while post-Knit3 says it only changes when it actually
changes.

2) Tree references. Obviously if you have a tree reference, you can't
store that in Knit1.

Jelmer, have you done any (many?) commits since you upgraded?