[MERGE] Minor help fixes for add, commit, export

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Fri Mar 30 02:31:47 BST 2007

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Aaron Bentley has voted +0.
> Status is now: Waiting
> Comment:
> I think 'To get the working tree created again holding the last
> checked in files, use "bzr checkout"' is not very clear.  Something
> like 'To re-create the working tree, use "bzr checkout".' seems better
> to me.  I don't think it's necessary to point out that running bzr
> checkout will restore all files to their last-committed state.  But in
> any case, "check in" is not a term we use.

I've incorporated your better text now in my branch.
> I don't think it makes sense to capitalize "Export" in "Note: Export
> of tree with..."

I'm not sure it matters in the base cases of bzr help and the man page.
I do think the capitialisation is important though when text is rendered
in slicker paper documents, e.g. books that have a special "Note" symbol
in the sidebar in place of Note: as text. In other words, I feel "Note:"
ought to be treated as 'markup' and the text ought to be capitialisation
correct within it.

> I think your simplification of selected-file commits oversimplifies.

It seems so. I need input on how to improve that.

My 2c,
Ian C.