urlutils improvements from hpss

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Mar 29 17:54:13 BST 2007

Martin Pool wrote:
>> # date: Wed 2007-03-28 07:43:17.453999996 +1000
>
> (incidentally) It looks like the bundle code needs to limit precision
> to microseconds here?
>
>> +def joinpath(base, *args):
>
> I might prefer joinurlpath or join_url_path, just to avoid anyone
> thinking it can be used on local paths... though I guess it can on
> unix, but not safely on Windows?
>
> Assuming it does what the tests say, +1

I don't really understand the need for "joinpath" versus "pathjoin".

I think the tradition has been:

from bzrlib import (
  osutils,
  urlutils,
  )

urlutils.joinpath()
osutils.joinpath()

and

urlutils.escape()

So utilizing the module namespace so that you don't have to repeat it in
the command name.

At least that is what I was thinking when I created

urlutils.escape()

rather than calling it

urlutils.url_escape()