bazaar 0.14 crash

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Mar 29 02:44:21 BST 2007

Tomislav Filipčić wrote:
> I use bazaar to version my /etc folder. It worked fine for the past few
> months and then today...

This is a known bug in 0.14 which has been fixed in 0.15. I would guess
that '/etc/rmt' used to be a symlink, but is now a file.

versions prior to 0.15 did not support having a file changed to a
symlink or directory (or any other combination) without doing 'bzr rm;
bzr add'.

Versions prior to 0.14 gave a slightly better error message, but still
would fail. If you can upgrade to 0.15rc3, it directly supports a path
changing kind. (file => symlink, etc)