[MERGE][0.15] Speed up 'bzr status' in xml trees

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Mar 22 20:34:08 GMT 2007

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>
>>> It might give a speed boost to switch the basis format back to 5,
>>> because then it can use the repository inventory text verbatim.
>>>
>> It probably would make sense to do so for everything that isn't
>> 'dirstate-with-subtree'. But at this point I don't know that it is worth
>> the effort.
>
> I suspect the effort is smaller than what you've already put into speedups.

True. Though I don't expect a huge speedup. I guess for 'commit' it
would be a bit faster, because we would only have 1 serialize call,
rather than 2.

However, dirstate doesn't have a basis-inventory-cache. So we might as
well just switch over.

Looking at the code, it seems 0.8-0.10 use format 5, and then 0.11-0.14
use format 6.

I guess I would rather use format 6 for 0.15, since WT3 is otherwise
unaltered from earlier formats.

>>> Dunno.  I can check.
>
> We only "fixed" the blackbox test.  We invoke smtplib from
> cmd_merge_directive, so there's no non-blackbox test.
>
> Aaron

Don't worry about it. I found the problem. I just had an older branch
that didn't have that fix. I just merged the latest bzr.dev and I got it.

Sorry for the noise.