Knit inventory corrupt / wrong sha1

Mariano Mara mmara at fibertel.com.ar
Thu Mar 22 04:05:04 GMT 2007

Kyle Girard escribió:
>> /mariano at mishima:~/sourcecode/SmD/Ash/install$ bzr check
>> bzr: ERROR: bzrlib.errors.BzrCheckError: Internal check failed: text
>> {smdrep.pkb-20061129022302-jh237lys2nc9mfy1-23} version
>> {mmara at xxxx.com.ar-20070320130212-33e5336ff4779f17} wrong sha1
>>

> <snip>
>

> I've recently seen the same sort of error message after a windows client
> pushed some changes.  Since that time both linux and windows clients
> trying to create a new branch from that repository fail with an error
> message similar to the above.   I believed that the repository was
> somehow corrupt and erased it ... replacing it with one I had branched
> about an hour earlier and everything is working fine.... at least on
> linux clients.... windows clients for some reason cannot create a new
> branch from the repository.   I am using a newer version of bzr than you
> (0.14) to so the problem doesn't look like it is fixed...
>
> Kyle

Although I'm satisfied with John's explanation (I'm setting up a laptop
to be my new working machine as I write) and really pleased with his
level of commitment in helping users like me, just for completeness let
me say that I'm too in a mixed ubuntu/windows environment where some
folks in my dev group use xp and of course they pull/push from/to the
same parent branch I almost destroyed.
However, in my case, they don't seem to be experiencing problems.

I really don't know if the two problems are related but I don't think
so: the error I encountered first appeared in my PC and I propagated it
to the server when I pushed.

Mariano.-