Knit inventory corrupt / wrong sha1

Mariano Mara mmara at fibertel.com.ar
Tue Mar 20 22:40:59 GMT 2007

Hi everyone.
Yesterday I had a problem with my bzr and although I tried to fix it I'm
still getting some errors messages that I would like to share with you
and seek for advice.
This is what happened:
 I created a .py, committed it to my local branch and pushed it to our
server (centos 4.4 64 bits): all fine.
I did some other stuff (not development and/or bzr related) and then got
back to add a little thing in the
.py file. When I tried to commit it in my local branch, I got this error:

/bzr: ERROR: Knit inventory corrupt: sha-1 does not match
mmara at xxxx.com.ar-20070320022932-d7d47c21ef0c1ecc/

I checked several commands and it was all the same. I got in the server
and found out that the same error
was there too (my push replicate it there, I guess). I talk about this
with lifeless and spiv in the #irc who kindly help me with the problem
and finally suggested me that the easier way was to get the last .bzr
copy from my coworkers and fix with it my branch and the server one.
This morning I did that: replaced the .bzr, got the different files with
status and syncronized the ones that had changed in their local branches
against mine and the server. Finally I got the server up2date and working,
my coworked pulled and it was ok for them, I pulled and it was ok for
me. However if I do a check I'm still getting an error as follows:

/mariano at mishima:~/sourcecode/SmD/Ash/install$ bzr check
bzr: ERROR: bzrlib.errors.BzrCheckError: Internal check failed: text
{smdrep.pkb-20061129022302-jh237lys2nc9mfy1-23} version
{mmara at xxxx.com.ar-20070320130212-33e5336ff4779f17} wrong sha1

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 623,
in run_bzr_catch_errors
    return run_bzr(argv)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 585,
in run_bzr
    ret = run(*run_argv)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line 291,
in run_argv_aliases
    return self.run(**all_cmd_args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/builtins.py", line 1842,
in run
    check(branch, verbose)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/check.py", line 202, in
check
    repo_result = branch.repository.check([branch.last_revision()])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/decorators.py", line 38,
in read_locked
    return unbound(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/repository.py", line
713, in check
    return self._check(revision_ids)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/repository.py", line
717, in _check
    result.check()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/check.py", line 73, in check
    self.check_one_rev(rev_id)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/check.py", line 149, in
check_one_rev
    self._check_revision_tree(rev_id)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/check.py", line 182, in
_check_revision_tree
    ie.check(self, rev_id, inv, tree)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/inventory.py", line 354,
in check
    self._check(checker, rev_id, tree)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/inventory.py", line 618,
in _check
    raise BzrCheckError('text {%s} version {%s} wrong sha1'
BzrCheckError: Internal check failed: text
{smdrep.pkb-20061129022302-jh237lys2nc9mfy1-23} version
{mmara at xxxx.com.ar-20070320130212-33e5336ff4779f17} wrong sha1

bzr 0.12.0 on python 2.4.4.candidate.1 (linux2)
arguments: ['/usr/bin/bzr', 'check']

** please send this report to bazaar-ng at lists.ubuntu.com
/
I'm afraid of committing or doing something and end with a corrupted
brach again.
I would love to hear some suggestions about how can I proceed to fix
this and possibly find it's origin so it won't happen again (lifeless
mentioned several reasons why this might happen: disk errors at my end,
copying one but not the other file, using rsync or some other tool that
alters the files to the same effect. However, besides the first one
which is beyond my control, I would like to find a way to trace this and
fix it).

I'll appreciate your answers, thanks for taking the time to read all the
email.