[RFC] uncommit creates bundles

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 07:17:40 GMT 2007

On 3/14/07, Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> I just had a thought.  What if uncommit created bundles?
>
> e.g.
> $ bzr uncommit
> 1 revision uncommitted:
>  1776 Aaron Bentley     2007-03-13
>       Introduce branch6
> The revisions have been backed up as uncommit-1.patch.  To restore them,
> do "bzr pull uncommit-1.patch".
> $

It might be nice if revert did this too.

> Uncommit wouldn't need to be interactive, because you could recover from
> mistakes easily.  It would mean that if you discovered a mistake later,
> you could still correct it.  And it would mean you could use "uncommit"
> more like "shelve"-- to temporarily remove revisions.

I think it'd be a nice feature.

Another option, though a bit handwavey at this point, would be to have
an extra mini repository in the workingtree that holds uncommitted or
reverted changes.

In this vein it would also be nice to record the tip we had before
pull, so you could undo-pull.

--
Martin