problems with committing merges in a dirstate tree with a symlink

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Mar 11 22:11:16 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 06:24 +0100, Marien Zwart wrote:

> +                    assert not size
> +                    inv_entry.text_size = None

This the crux of the fix appears good to me. We should add specific
tests that trees have size None for symlinks, currently we have
tree_implementations tests in bzrlib/tests/tree_implementations.

Adding a test there that checks for the behaviour of tree.inventory with
a symlink in the tree for all tree types would be good. It might need a
little tweaking to add DirStateRevisionTree to it. (But that should be
at most just a little).

-Rob