[MERGE] bzrlib.osutils fixes

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sat Mar 10 02:44:02 GMT 2007

Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> Dmitry Vasiliev wrote:

>> So conclude I think we need to select one preferable way and follow it
>> consistently, so if we decide to leave the variable then corresponding
>> variables should be added for each file kind. Am I right?
>
> I agree we should decide.  Personally, I think the constant would be better.
>
> -Andrew.

As far as typos, that is what the test suite is for. :) I do realize
that variables are a little more rigorous. You do have to start passing
them around everywhere, though.

Is 'intern' part of the official python api, or is it a CPython
implementation? It would seem part of python, since you have 'x is y'.

I think it may look a lot better if we were just consistent, though. Having

{
'file':X,
_directory_kind:Y,
'symlink':Z,
}

Is pretty ugly, but having

kind_file:X,
kind_directory:Y,
kind_symlink:Z,

Isn't really any worse than the string counterpart.