[RFC] including a toy .c/.pyx file in bzr.dev

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Mar 9 01:57:28 GMT 2007

I'd like us to get a little experience with having C extension modules
for bzr. There are some areas where we can shave 50% off OS operations
using very small interfaces, and being able to have optional C versions
of them would be nice.

I'd like us to have the infrastructure to do this in bzr.dev, and find
out if it makes installing harder etc, before we actually put the first
one in.

Accordingly, I've put up my ancient branch to do this at
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~bzr/bzr/pyrex, and would like feedback on
whether this installs easily for folk who currently install bzr
themselves.

Please /dont/ install pyrex or do anything special - just setup.py as
usual.

-Rob