Split/Join feature

Nicholas Allen nick.allen at onlinehome.de
Wed Mar 7 12:20:31 GMT 2007

Hi,

I just noticed that there is split/join commands but don't really
understand their purpose or in what situations you would want to use
them. Does join bring together 2 unrelated branches and split split a
branch into 2 unrelated branches? The help seems to imply it is on the
working tree so I don't think this is the case. There is nothing that I
can see in the doc directory and the command help is a little sparse
(split command splits is about as much as it says).

Cheers,

Nick