more traceback from HttpServer

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Mar 6 23:36:22 GMT 2007

Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> again Python 2.5 on Windows 2000:

>   File "C:\Python25\lib\socket.py", line 345, in readline
>     data = self._sock.recv(self._rbufsize)
> error: (10035, 'The socket operation could not complete without blocking')
>
> This traceback appears several times.
>
> --
> Alexander

IIRC this has to do with trying to read with a timeout. On Windows, it
actually sets the socket to non-blocking which raises an exception.

I think it is a platform deficiency with python and sockets, I'm not
sure what the right workaround is. It may be that we need to manually
handle EAGAIN on windows, rather than expecting the socket library to do
it for us.

But it has been a while since I dug in that code, so I might be
remembering incorrectly.