Smart server progress: take a look!

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Tue Mar 6 11:24:50 GMT 2007

That sounds great! I'm really impressed how far bzr has come ;-)

Just a few silly questions though: will (or does) the hpss make
branching a lot quicker? At the moment I make daily tar balls of my
repositories on the server in a cron job so that when someone wants to
check out the code they don't bzr branch it but instead extract the tar
ball and they are ready to go. Downloading a compressed tar ball is much
faster than branching. So I'm wondering if the smart server can do
something similar to this automatically (that is bundle up the revisions
the user doesn't have, compress them and send them to the client)?

Also can you put hooks on the server side for commits and so on (eg to
send emails)?

Cheers,

Nick