bzr svn propedit equivalent

Jari Aalto jari.aalto at cante.net
Mon Mar 5 09:02:21 GMT 2007

Kent Gibson <warthog618 at gmail.com> writes:
> I'm not big on builtin aliases anyway - the user can add their own to
> bazaar.conf if they want.

Not really the same. SAy you edit files in site X, Y, Z and the log
into the site FOO. You'd have to copy all you configs around, keep
them synchronized.

With reasonable alias default, like

    bzr st

makes life much easier in any host, of OS you happen to use. Remember,
you're not always "yourself", but you may have done:

    su foo

and have to work with that person's settings. Can't use "own"
aliases there.

> Wrt options, the only one I had suggested was get --all, and even that
> you could do without - just make "bzr config get" default to all.

This will not help scripts and error checking. It is better to require

    bzr config get --all

And with

    bzr config get

print reasonable error message for missing parameter.

Jari