Access control

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Wed Feb 28 16:35:35 GMT 2007

<snip/>

    Jeff> I haven't been able to get this to work yet. I tried using digest like this:

Sorry for the delay, I still have to setup some test env to get a
better understanding.

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the subject, they may be invalid
but that's the best I have to offer right now.

    Jeff> bzr branch
    Jeff> http+pycurl://jeff:password@medea.sea.boeing.com/~jcunningham/docs

    Jeff> Then I changed back to basic authentication and tried both these ways:

    Jeff> bzr branch
    Jeff> http+urllib://jeff:password@medea.sea.boeing.com/~jcunningham/docs

    Jeff> bzr branch http://jeff:password@medea.sea.boeing.com/~jcunningham/docs

    Jeff> For all three cases I got the following error message:

    Jeff> bzr: ERROR: Invalid http response for
    Jeff> http://jeff:password@medea.sea.boeing.com/~jcunningham/docs/.bzr/branch-format:
    Jeff> Unable to handle http code 400: expected 200 or 404 for full
    Jeff> response.

First, I was suspicious of the error message because in your
previous mail you had cut the host, now I feel better (just a
little ;).

I guess your apache server is somehow misconfigured and refuses
to serve some files.

My suspect is '.bzr' but the '~' translation may also come into
play.

    Jeff> [jeff:password stands for the correct username:password, of
    Jeff> course, which I verified work in through a browser]

Thanks for that verification. From your various tests I suppose
https is not an option for you ?

Also, are you able to browse ~jcunningham/docs/.bzr/branch-format
itself ? What is its content ?

    Jeff> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Not yet, but if you could provide your $HOME/.bzr.log, anonymized
as you see fit but I think it's ok as is.

You can delete it and just do the 'bzr branch' to get the
smallest possible one.

         Vincent