Access control

Jeffrey Cunningham jeffrey.k.cunningham at boeing.com
Tue Feb 27 23:17:36 GMT 2007

Vincent Ladeuil wrote:

> You have to specify both user and password in the url:
>
> bzr branch http://jeff:password@medea.sea.boeing.com/~jcunningham/docs
>
> But digest authentication is not supported by the urllib
> implementation so far, so you have to either use basic auth or
> use the pycurl implementation which require the pycurl package to
> be installed.
>
> Explicitly selecting an implementation for http is done like this:
>
> bzr branch http+urllib://xxx
> bzr branch http+pycurl://xxx
>
> Or you can use htpps.
>
> Being able to specify the user only and be prompted for the
> password is planned.
>
>    Vincent

This looks quite workable, Vincent. I installed the pycurl package and
tried it and got this error response:

jcunningham at medea ~/junk $ bzr branch
http+pycurl://jeff:passwd@medea.sea.boeing.com/~jcunningham/docs
bzr: ERROR: Invalid http response for
http://jeff:passwd/.bzr/branch-format: Unable to handle http code 400:
expected 200 or 404 for full response.
bash: @medea.sea.boeing.com/~jcunningham/docs: No such file or directory

Whereas, if I point a browser at

http://medea.sea.boeing.com/~jcunningham/docs

after authenticating via Digest it shows me the directory.

Regards,
--Jeff