[Fwd: Re: Access control]

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Feb 27 18:42:07 GMT 2007

Jeffrey Cunningham wrote:

> That's funny - I replied off-list because it looked to me like you had
> emailed me
> off-list! I even looked in the extended email header and could find no
> sign of the list. I just looked again - there is nothing. I think maybe
> the list server is set up incorrectly. Usually there is a List-Id:
> header and/or something like [bazaar-devel] in the subject, but not in
> this case.

It isn't even in the CC: bazaar at lists.canonical.com ?

I know that I have the mailing list configured so that if someone
includes me in the To or CC, then it doesn't send me an extra message
from the mailing list.

> I agree about not wanting to have to implement
> yet-another-access-control-mechanism. I'm not that familiar with what
> all apache can do and am reading up on that right now. That might be the
>  best bet.
>
> I'd really like to make this work. I have at least one other developer
> her pretty excited about it.
>
> -Jeff

We're happy to give whatever assistance we can. And if you can write up
what you find on the wiki, it should be an easy way that you can
contribute back. Just a little blurb about configuring apache for
controlled access.

There has been some turmoil in our HTTP Authentication support, so
depending on the version of bzr you are using you will likely need to
include the user name in the url, and possibly the password (at least
for older versions, we are trying to move away from that).

So http://user:pass@host/url or http://user@host/url

Vincent Ladeuil is the one who has done most of the recent work on HTTP
authentication so hopefully he'll be around if we have some difficulties.