Overriding site-wide plugins with user-installed plugins

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Fri Feb 23 01:52:43 GMT 2007

On 2/23/07, Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> wrote:
> Jonathan Lange wrote:
> > It turns out that Bazaar won't let me do that.
> > bzrlib.plugin.set_plugins_path() explicitly ensures that
> > site-installed plugins trump user-installed plugins. To work around,
> > I've had to abuse my root privileges and move the plugin from
> > site-packages.
> >
> >> From my perspective, this is clearly a bug. However, it has been
> > suggested that the world may be more complex than I might first think.
>
> It's not intentional as far as I know.  You could file a bug or send a
> patch.

Will do.

But it sure _looks_ intentional:

def set_plugins_path():
    """Set the path for plugins to be loaded from."""
    path = os.environ.get('BZR_PLUGIN_PATH',
                          get_default_plugin_path()).split(os.pathsep)
    # search the bzrlib installed dir before anything else.
    path.insert(0, os.path.dirname(plugins.__file__))
    plugins.__path__ = path
    return path

cheers,
jml