bug report

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Feb 21 17:51:31 GMT 2007

Andrew Voznytsa wrote:
> added media
> added media/Test001.mpg
> bzr: ERROR: exceptions.MemoryError:

> bzr 0.14.0 on python 2.5.0.final.0 (win32)
> arguments: ['bzr', 'commit', '-m', 'Initial import']
>
> ** please send this report to bazaar at lists.ubuntu.com
>

> It seems that bzr failed during committing media/Test002.mpg which is
> about 240 Mb (media/Test001.mpg was about 143 Mb).
>
> PC spec attached.
>
> bzr worked with shared repository over sftp (sftp server is localhost).

Thanks for the report. Do you know how much memory was in use when it
failed?

At this point, we have focused on supporting versioning source code, and
making that fast. So we have the explicit requirement that we can hold 3
copies of a file in memory. (base, this, other for merging).

For commit, we expect to have at least 2 copies (and possibly a bit more
if you have a lot of deltas.

It shouldn't need to have that many copies of all the files at the same
time, so if it does we need to fix that.