[MERGE] bzr rm should delete the working file (Bug #82602)

James Troup james.troup at canonical.com
Fri Feb 16 16:27:10 GMT 2007

"Marius Kruger" <amanic at gmail.com> writes:

>      ``bzr remove`` and ``bzr rm`` will now remove the working file.
>      This has been done for consistency with svn and the unix rm command.
>      The old ``remove`` behaviour has been retained in the new command
>      ``bzr unversion``, which will just stop versioning the file,
>      but not delete it.

Umm, for whatever it may be worth, I think this is a really bad idea.

 a) it's inconsistent with cvs
 b) it's inconsistent with bzr << (0.15)[1]

In particular (b) is going to kill me.  I've very much got into the
habit of doing 'bzr ignore foo; bzr rm foo' and I'm going to cry if
that learned-meme leads to data loss when I one day run it on a host
that's been upgraded to a newer version of bzr.

--
James

[1] Or whatever version this patch goes into