Problem using bzr on Python program

Chris Seaton chris at chrisseaton.com
Mon Feb 12 15:16:29 GMT 2007

I figured it out, my PYTHONPATH is /home/ugrads/coms2003/cs3951/linux/
installed/lib:

I guess Python is seeing the empty path after the : and taking that
to mean the current directory. Most programs ignore empty paths in an
environment variable, as they are introduced by doing PATH=$PATH:foo
kind of things - if PATH is currently empty a blank path is introduced.

Why does Python do this? Is it a bug? Most applications ignore empty
paths in env variables, and you use . to add the current directory.
Should I file a bug with Python?

Thanks

Chris Seaton