[MERGE] Detailed short status

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Feb 6 16:14:01 GMT 2007

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>> Aaron Bentley wrote:
>> I found an edge case you aren't handling. Deleted files. Specifically I
>> can do:
>
> Good save.  It's specifically new, dangling file ids that are the
> problem.  I've fixed that and the help text and submitted.
>
>> I *think* this should be a "+D" which is "added in the current inventory
>> relative to the basis, but not actually present on disk".
>
> I'm pretty sure it should be "+ ", because it was not deleted, relative
> to the base.
>
> Aaron

It seemed more to me that the first column indicated the delta between
the basis tree and the working inventory, and the second column had more
to do with the different between the current inventory and the working tree.

I'm working through an email which goes through all the permutations,
and highlights why it doesn't quite feel right.