[MERGE] bzr+http:// should always try POSTing to the same location, not lots of child locations.

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Feb 2 03:05:48 GMT 2007

Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> Aaron Bentley wrote:

> For the significant benefit that it makes the existing HTTP smart server much
> easier to deploy (and more consistent with smart servers that run over
> byte-stream media).  Configuring e.g. Apache to intercept
> "http://host/user/branches/BRANCHNAME/.bzr/smart" is easier than configuring it
> to intercept "http://host/user/branches/*/.bzr/smart", where "*" can be
> arbitrary number of directories deep.  I'm sure it can be done, but for someone
> like me that knows relatively little about Apache configuration (and would like
> to keep it that way!), I'd rather things were simpler.

Interestingly I found it easier to configure apache to do all .bzr/smart
directories:

Alias /bzr /home/jameinel/dev/bzr
<Directory /home/jameinel/dev/bzr/>
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
        # Uncomment this directive is you want to see apache2's
        # default start page (in /apache2-default) when you go to /
        #RedirectMatch ^/$ /apache2-default/
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteBase /bzr
        RewriteRule ^(.*/|)\.bzr/smart$
/home/jameinel/dev/bzr/scripts/bzr-smart.py
</Directory>

Alias /home/jameinel/dev/bzr/scripts/bzr-smart.py
/home/jameinel/dev/bzr/scripts/bzr-smart.py
<Directory /home/jameinel/dev/bzr/scripts>
        <Files bzr-smart.py>
          PythonPath
"['/home/jameinel/dev/bzr/bzr.dev']+sys.path+['/home/jameinel/dev/bzr/scripts']"
          AddHandler python-program .py
          PythonHandler bzr-smart::handler
        </Files>
</Directory>

And unless I'm mistaken, this is taken almost verbatim from the
http_smart_server.txt document. (What I wrote versus what you wrote, I'm
not quite sure at this point).