info: about maximal path length on Windows

Alexander Belchenko bialix at
Thu Feb 1 06:31:45 GMT 2007

Martin Pool пишет:
> On 31 Jan 2007, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at> wrote:
>> In the past we have one bug report (about adding the file with many uppercase letters)
>> that we resolve in different way, and permanent problem with selftest.
>> I'd like to solve problem with selftest in different way -- via using
>> numbered dirs instead of named dirs.
> Using numbers would be ok if that makes it easier to run the tests --
> certainly the names can get pretty long.  It would be good to include at
> least a fragment of the test name, maybe the part after the last dot.
I think about including full test name inside numbered directory,
e.g. in file 'testname'. I understand that it will provide some sort of difficulty,
but usually you don't need to see all test directories. And numbers of directories
should match to number of test in output of selftest command. I.e. looking at
selftest log one easily could find number of test and therefore directory.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -