[RFC] store inventory in tab-separated file

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Feb 1 06:18:59 GMT 2007

On 29 Jan 2007, Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>
> > 0) Does my work have sense to continue?
>
> I think it may not make sense to continue.  Martin is working on a new
> inventory format, which improves speed by dividing things by subtree.
> Because it's a different data structure, we expect it will improve
> performance more than a faster format would.

I think if this is going well for Alexander then he should continue.
Just generally in open source projects I don't think it makes sense to
stop what person A is doing now in favour of what person B wants to do
in the future.

Anyhow a split up inventory will want a more efficient format for each
of the directories, and if this is it that's great.

--
Martin