bzr branch and C-c interrupt - should it do cleanu

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Jan 28 02:01:59 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 01:15 +0200, Jari Aalto wrote:
> Suppose this:
>
>   bzr branch devel.branch  my.branch
>   <er...not that one>
>   C-c
>
> This leaves half baked directory lying around:
>
>   my.branch/
>
> Would it be mo rensible to do clean up and remove the half broken
> branch? (a la "rm -rf my.branch/")?
The current situation is indeed suboptimal.

I think we should instead leave the branch in a state were fetching the
branch can be resumed though, rather than deleting the directory. This
is useful in cases where e.g. the network when down, process was
accidently killed while copying a large remote branch, etc.

Cheers,

Jelmer