[merge] tags in repository

Ilpo Nyyssönen iny+news at iki.fi
Fri Jan 26 05:06:05 GMT 2007

Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo at niemeyer.net> writes:

>> Essentially this forces to keep separate projects in separate
>> repositories. I don't like it. For me it has been useful to be
> (...)
>
> Not necessarily. If you're in control of the projects in that
> repository, you may use a naming scheme that prevents conflicts.

It's not about conflicts. I don't want them to get tags that are for
the other projects. They don't want to get polluted by some
non-related tags.

I think the tags really need to be per branch. Having only per
repository tags kills the idea of repositories.

Hmm, if a tag goes only when the change it points to is or will be in
the target, then it could work. Somehow I thought that all tags would
go even when the related changes wouldn't go.

--
Ilpo Nyyssönen # biny # /* :-) */