What about provide some metadata for branches ?

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Mon Jan 22 10:35:34 GMT 2007

> What would be the *purpose* of that plugin. When do you want to use it? When
> do you think others could use it?
>
> Basically to get a branch you need to get it's URL somewhere. And I don't
> expect many people will tell you "there is a branch at
> http://somewhere.org/some/dir" and don't tell you branch of what it is.

I see that it could be useful when you have checked out many branches
from various OS projects and can't remember what all of them did. It
could also be extremely useful for google code searches if google was
made aware of bzr repositories (this meta info could be accumulated by
the google search engine).