bzr-svn 0.3

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Fri Jan 19 11:30:07 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have another problem now. I have installed bzr from source and bzr-svn
as well as the python-subversion and libsvn0 packages in the Edgy
repository. But when I try to branch using

bzr branch svn://host/dir

I get an error message that says:

Unable to load plugin 'svn' from
'/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/plugins'
bzr: ERROR: Unsupported protocol for url "svn://host/dir"

There is no information why the plugin can't be loaded so don't know
what to do to fix it. I have checked that the plugin dir exists and
contains bzr-svn. The strange thing is that at home on Edgy I did not
have this problem and I don't think I did anything differently. Any idea
what the problem could be? Would it be possible to improve the error
message so that the user has some idea what caused the problem?

Cheers,

Nick