[MERGE] bzr help locationspec

Wouter van Heyst larstiq at larstiq.dyndns.org
Thu Jan 18 23:27:46 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 07:22:55PM -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Goffredo Baroncelli wrote:
>
> > ghigo at venice:~/bazaar/repo/bzr-help-topics-transport$ ./bzr help transport
>
> I also think "transport" is a very poor topic name.  My favourite would
> be "locations", I'd accept "urls", but "protocol" and "transport" aren't
> good topic names, because they're not very discoverable.

My first choice is locations, but I do think an alias to 'transports'
might be acceptable since that is what I'd look for being exposed to
internals.

Judging from the rest of the thread, there is no consensus yet on how
this should be approached. Is it a good idea to base something on
Marius' patch for 0.14, or can we wait till it's settled and do the
right thing once in bzr.dev?

Wouter van Heyst