[ANN] Qct 0.8 released

Steve Borho steve at ageia.com
Wed Jan 17 23:34:05 GMT 2007

http://hg.borho.org/qct
http://www.borho.org/~steve/qct-0.8.tar.gz
http://www.borho.org/~steve/qct-0.8-win32.exe

New in 0.8:
    Change selection/cherry-picking (uses external two-way merge)
    Context menus:
       -- add ignore masks for unknown files
       -- select copy sources for unknown and ignored files
       -- delete unknown and ignored files
       -- find rename/move targets for missing files
       -- revert, visual diff, external editor for all
          revisioned commitable files
    Preferences dialog for specifying external tools
    Progress bar for the repository scan
    Simple repository auto-detection for standalone qct
    Revert button removed, replaced with a Cancel button
    Support for automatic sign-off messages in Hg back-end

Version 0.8 has a different module layout than 0.7, and some files were
renamed, so I suggest you delete your old copies of Qct and re-install
from scratch.  You will also need to re-install the latest plugins
provided in 0.8.

I'm hoping for more feedback on the new change selection feature.  If
you register a two-way merge application in the preferences dialog, you
will get a 'Select changes to commit' option in the context menu of
modified files.  This will allow you to chose which changes in that
file you wish to commit and which you wish to leave in your working
directory.

--
Steve Borho (steve at ageia.com)
http://www.borho.org/~steve/steveAgeia.asc